Thursday, September 29, 2005

And I thought this my first time "performing!"


And I thought this was my first time "performing!" Looks like I had a little more experience than I thought. ;-) Guess which one is me!

Good grief, before that last post, it had been almost a month since I wrote. That's hard to believe. Let's see...what's gone on in a month? Hmmm...well, I've learned my part of the accapella "chant" in Latin, which I thought was impossible. Now I'm having to learn to waltz. At least with the singing...you can back out, if you stumble...but, waltzing????

Frank and I were Best man and "matron of honor" in a wedding. Yep, my mom's. So, now I'm 50 and I've got a new step-dad. As soon as they were married, my mother said to Frank, about her new husband; "now he's one of us!" Frank immediately looked right at him and said "great! could you lend me 2000.00?" The groom took out a hankie and nervously wiped his brow.


Also, lots of opportunities to sing, leading worship at our own church and other events with a few coming up as well. Everything seems to be in October and we've planned a vacation, so we'll be gone for the first week. In fact, we leave this Friday. It's been planned for months, but little did we know that it would be the worst possible time to go away ever. But..is there ever a "GOOD" time to go away?

I am however, looking forward to spending an entire, relaxing week with my family. We're also taking my brother's nine year old son and 3 friends of the kids. So, it should be fun....or chaotic :)

5 comments:

Jojo said...

You are the little sweetie, third from the right - right? What a precious picture.

Hey - I am so glad to hear you have learned your latin "chant" - I knew you would! The waltzing will come - I would love to know how as I love dancing.

I didn't know you were going to be in your mom's wedding. Hmm I don't think I knew your mom was getting married - maybe that's why!! Sounds like Frank gave him a nice welcome into the family. :) I can picture it well in my mind and had to laugh when I read about it. (Hi Frank!)

I am so excited for you going on vacation. It sounds like a lot of fun. I'll look forward to seeing your pictures when you get back. I'm glad you get to take your nephew - tell him to not fight over any sticks with pretty girls. lol

Yes, you are right, I have not kept up with my blogging duties very well at all. I even have a couple things to share - so I better get to it.

Coming to see The Sound of Music might just be a possibility since it runs so long. You'll have to remind me of the dates again and maybe we can plan a little get away. God sure knows we need it. And what better way to spend it than visiting my friend in my favorite all time movie?!!!

Have a wonderful trip - and remember me when you are lounging on the beach - k? :)

Melanie said...

Hey JoJo,

We're leaving today, so I'm on my way out...

You're right, I probably didn't mention my mom's marriage, since she didn't tell us til about 2 or 3 weeks before...that's because the last time she planned a big wedding (same guy) and wound up giving the Pastor a letter to read to all 150 people who attended that explained why there would be NO WEDDING! It's a long story, but...I remember turning around and telling people "Smile, you're on Candid Camera" This time, they went through with it. Same church, same Pastor...only my sister, Frank and I were the only attendees. It was actually very sweet as they've been getting counseling for marriage and also in their relationships with Christ, so he did a lot of explaining about Christ, the church and marriage. Anyway, they seem to be thrilled with one another.

I'm so excited that you're considering coming and seeing the play. I'll have to email you the schedule, so maybe we can work something out as far as having time to visit a few days. It runs until Jan 29th, so maybe after the holidays or something.

Also, hope you know that Kristin, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Oh...and as cute as that little girl 3rd from the right is...she's not me! But, you're close. I'm 2nd from the right...
and though I look like I'm not real sure about what I'm doing, my mom says I had a hissy fit when we had to get off the stage...

Well, Frank is off to get Cory and we'll be leaving soon, but...I'll have my laptop, so I can check in once in a while.

Blessings,
Melanie

Melanie said...

Cool...Hank & Nancy,

Look forward to seeing you there sometime. It opens November 4th, 5 days a week til Jan 29th. Most nights dinner starts at 6:30 and show is at 8. Although there are matinees on Sundays at 3.

I know you're probably pretty booked up...but, maybe you could come to our church sometime.

We'll just have to stay in touch as it gets closer.

yayyy! it's so much fun to meet people we've only written to.
Looking forward to it.

Love,
Melanie

Jojo said...

Hi Melanie,

The 2nd little sweetie is a doll-baby too. What were you performing for? How old were you there?

So how is FL? HOpe you are having a fantastic time!

Talk to you soon.

GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Melanie, you need to go to your blog preferences and turn on word verification to get rid of those spammers...unless you don't mind them. They're getting bad.

Hope things are going well for you. :)