Friday, May 20, 2005

It's almost June and STILL Freezing!

What is up with this weather? It feels more like the North Pole than Virginia. Sitting here with socks & sweats with a jacket and I'm still cold. I don't think it's ever going to get warm. I was looking for something to wear to a wedding and gravitated toward the winter clothes. Just thinking about wearing one of those little chiffon-looking dresses gave me goose bumps. I haven't bought a dress, or worn one for that matter, in so long...they all look like nightgowns or lingerie. I asked a salesgirl if she had anything to go under this cute little blue jacket. She handed me a multi-colored silk camisole topped with 2 inches of black lace. As I'm looking around, I realize they all look like that. "Do you have anything that doesn't look like I'm wearing my underwear?" I asked her. "Not much." I think I've been out of the loop as far as clothes go.


Well, I'd hoped to post a continuation...or conclusion of the previous post. Learning about being defined by the messages of others helped me understand why I think the way I think and feel the way I feel. The best news for me was to realize through faith in Christ, I can move on from the wounds and painful messages of others...

Anyway...as usual, so much to write...so little time. We're leaving in the morning for New Jersey, so won't get back to it til Monday. Enjoy the weekend. Hope it warms up...til then, I'm

Still..."Freezing in VA" :)

3 comments:

Jojo said...

Hi Melanie,
I just wanted to tell you that I visit your blog everyday and have been disappointed that you haven't written anything all week. Your intro says it's your daily (or sometimes every other) blog - so you are slacking!! lol :) Do you have big plans for the weekend? We don't - just plans to go to my mom's for a cookout and "patio around the pool" cleaning party on Sun. Memorial day weekend is big in IN because of the Indy 500 race. I'm personally not a big fan - but it's fun to watch the race that day.

Please keep our friend's son in your prayers. He is 18 and shot himself with a 22 rifle Mon night. It went in and out of his side and he's ok - but in a hospital for his mental condition. Has much anger right now and threatening to do it right next time. Please pray for him to see the need for the Lord in his life. He has had lots of exposure but has really gone down the wrong path. Breaks my heart.

Thanks and God Bless you friend!

Melanie said...

Hey JoJo,

I know, I know...really behind on my blogging (lol) I guess I should change the title from every other day-ly to rare and random. This week has been so busy trying to catch up after being away last weekend. I thought I'd have this weekend to write, but...hasn't worked out that way. And now...I was surprised by an invitation to lead worship at the jail tomorrow, so here I am at midnight putting songsheets together to take with me.

Hope you're enjoying Memorial Day weekend. We live on a tiny hidden beach community on the Potomac River in VA. Kind of a small resort, where a lot of the homes are vacant all winter. This is the beginning of all the summer activity. Boats come from all over and sit out in the water. There's a crab house (restaurant/bar)and pier that juts out over the water. They send out a shuttle to bring boaters in so they can enjoy live music and food. We can see it all from our kitchen window. It's really kind of an incredible place to live.

JoJo, that's so sad about your friend's son. I'm so sorry. It's such a helpless place to be when your child is suffering (mentally or physically). I will keep them both in prayer.

Hope you and your family have a great weekend.

Your friend,
Melanie

Jojo said...

Good to hear from you. Oh, how I wish we lived closer. I would love to go to the prison with you. Write and tell me what that is like. Also wanting to know if you have been on the Emmaus Walk. Someone mentioned it on your website guest register. I have been listening to your CD all week while in my car and humming the songs when I'm not. :) I really enjoy it! Thank you so much again.