Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Hills Are Alive!!!!!



Ok...is it some kind of middle age crisis? or...maybe I AM just crazy! We went to a dinner theatre the other night for my daughter Julie's birthday. It was so much fun, I thought..."hey, I'd like to try that!" I found out they were having try-outs Sunday and Monday for the "The Sound of Music!" Yep, you guessed it!!! Yesterday, this went on all day,

Frank: you know you want to...

Me: It's nuts! I can't

Frank: But, you know you want to

Me: No, really, that's insane!

Frank: So, what time are you going?

Me: Try-outs are at 7, so guess I should leave around 6



I've written, directed and produced about 5 or 6 of my own plays. Acted in them too...although that's really not fair, since I wrote my own part.:) All for churches. However, I've never seen the whole process from this end. So, I'm thinking it will help to have this experience...yeah, that's it...ri-i-ight....it's training for my playwriting. :):)

You know, I really did have this secret passion to be in "drama" in high school, even when I was hooking, etc,.etc., Actually, now that I think about it, it seemed crazy then too...
Anyway, I got the "call-back" this morning, so I could possibly be a "Singing Nun" in the Sound of Music :) It's off to try-outs again!

Also, I'll be doing a concert this Saturday night, so keep me in your prayers! Wow! considering my last few posts...ain't it amazing? the difference a few years can make?

6 comments:

Jojo said...

Oh Melanie - I'm so excited for you. I LOVE The Sound of Music! It is my favorite musical. If you get to do Julie Andrews - I may have to come see that! You would be perfect! Keep me posted!

Anonymous said...

Doe a deer a female deer
Ray a drop of golden sun.......

You go and sing if you can, that is a gift given to you by "you know who!!"

he he he
Jeremy

Melanie said...

Hey, JoJo,

I think if it had been any other play...I wouldn't have even thought of it. But, I'll let you know what happens!
Oh, and I talked to Wayne this morning. He thought this was so hilarious that I would do this! (Hey, maybe Dr. Brill was right!) Anyway...he says there's an opening at our local hospital...for a brain surgeon...he's sure I'd catch on...thinks I should apply!
hahahaha

Hey Jeremy,

Thanks for the encouragement! We'll see what happens after tonight. I think it gets harder...

anyway,

so long, farewell..avidasein (sp?) lol

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jojo said...

Ok - this is ridiculous - ever since I read this post yesterday, I've been humming "The Sound of Music"!!! Told you I love that movie! lol

When I was in high school I sang "My Favorite Things" for a choral competition.

Anxious to hear more from you about your practices and what part you got.

Jojo said...

Have you heard anything yet? Inquiring minds want to know. (ok that was dorky) :)