Saturday, August 06, 2005

On Pins & Needles

I have to share this with someone. I thought these kind of things only happen to me. Obviously not! My friend, Donna, goes to this same doctor as my son to get accupuncture treatments for allergies. We have no clue why this seems to work...it just does. (it really does) She suffers terribly with allergies, but she almost canceled due to finances. Or lets say..the lack of. Anyway, appointments are difficult to get and all the way there, in her mind, she's praying and grappling with the fact that she really didn't have the money, but she's desperate.

So, half hour later with pins sticking in all of her "pressure points" or whatever, she's relaxing to "Purpose Driven Life" cds in a walkman. Donna's got two little kids, so you can imagine, she's enjoying the quiet...for an hour, then 1 1/2 and then suddenly, it's a little too quiet. Hmmm...she's been hooked to some machine and had these little pins in her for almost two hours when not really knowing what to do, decides to unhook herself, and opens the door. No One. Now this doc is in a suite in an office building and my friend finally finds some man who has an accounting business down the hall. With little pins, like a porcupine all over her, she says "Excuse me. Excuse me, sir. Have you seen anyone from the allergists office?"

He just stares at her and says "Yeah, but, they've all gone home for the evening."
Silence. Her with her pins. Him with his accounts.
"Whew! And I thought they were using me for some kind of case study" she told him.

It winds up that he's had lots of these treatments too and offers to take the pins out. He did a really good job for an accountant, too, she says. Meanwhile, he called the doctor on her cell and come to find out, the receptionist had to unexpectedly pick up her son at the babysitters, and in the rush to leave, FORGOT my friend was all wired up in that room.

She chalked it up to God's answer to prayer, not to mention His sense of humor...cause the best part...they were so mortified...it was FREE!

2 comments:

Jojo said...

This makes me think of two other blogs I just read. Check these out too.
http://christianconservative.blogspot.com/
(see Sun. Quest #53)
http://www.joeletterblogspot.com/
(see Prayer Meeting)

Yes - God does answer prayer in real and personal ways. And He does have a sense of humor!
Thanks for sharing one more account of God at work. May your friend's faith be stronger and her allergies be gone.

GrandPooOfAwesome said...

I'd say it should be free! I'm surprised they didn't offer her several return visits free.

That's an amazing story! Even though their lack of professionalism bothers me badly, I'm glad your friend was blessed financially. :)