Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Couple of things!

Thought I was over all the 'addictions' in my life, but...think I can now add 'blogging' to the list. Does anyone else have this problem? Keep thinking "Sheesh, where does all my time go?" Then I wonder (only for a second) if I wouldn't be a lot more productive without spending so much time on this computer? Honestly, even if I can't put two thoughts together for my own post...it's hard to believe how time flies while reading others. Maybe it's the same thing that attracts us to 'reality TV - It's like "reality-computer" or something.

Today my problem isn't what to write, it's too much to write, so I'll try to "focus." Something I'm not good at and getting worse with age:) Or maybe it's this so-called Fibro-my-foot, sorry...myalgia...if I believed that stuff...anyway, I'd really like some input on a couple things;


#1 I'm waiting to go back to the doctor with my middle son. He's 23, been sick most of his life. Not serious, deadly sick, but..ear infections. Respiratory stuff, sinus infections, just all over flu-like things. I've been sick a lot too, since Hepatitus C...Interferon injection treatments, so out of sheer desperation, and tons of doctors who prescribe mega antibiotics, anti-depressants, anti-anxiety, anti-siezure, arthritis, steroids & pain meds...just all kinds of hit or miss 'try this" try that, etc, etc, etc, So...we tried diet...which does sort of make you feel better, but...it's depressing to think of never being able to eat bread or yeast/gluten products or taste another thing with sugar in it. Read the backs of everything...what doesn't have some of that stuff in it?

Anyway...a friend has been telling me about this doctor that does accupuncture treatments for allergies. It's GUARANTEED to "pinpoint" (no pun intended) your allergies and rid your body of them. We like to say round here that some things "sound the KA-KA alert!" This seemed like one of those things. BUT...my poor kid has suffered so often and so badly with ear aches, swolen sinuses and all over flu-like achiness (he's had tubes in his ears 3 X and he's lived on antibiotics all of his life, which seem to be absolutely worthless) that today, we sucked it up and went to see this doctor. She tested him (by this computer-machine) and he's very, very allergic to molds and GLUTEN...we had to come home, gather samples of things he's eating containing wheat, gluten, etc. and she's going to give him his first treatment this evening. SO...we'll see.


Ok, we went and not only has he been questioning himself on being desperate enough to go with these 'strange' treatments, but THEN poor thing had to explain it to the rest of the family. Everybody is so sceptical, they're not making it easy. Guess only time will tell. Meanwhile, next treatment is on Thursday.


Anyway...thing number two will have to wait...can't keep my eyes open...and spent way too much time reading how many "naughty's" were sent to "time-out" on another blog. I'm not going to go there tomorrow, I'm not going to go there tomorrow....I'm not...

2 comments:

Jojo said...

Melanie,
I'm so sorry to hear about your and your son's health problems. That sounds awful. I guess I would be skeptical about the accupunture thing also. I would be tempted to try anything to get relief, but I think we have to be careful also.

I know your heart and know how much you love the Lord and want to be obedient to Him. Wondered if you have tried having the elders pray over and annoint with oil? I myself have never tried this - but have wished we would have back when my daughter was born. Wasn't familiar with that scripture then. I also would be curious to know the bliefs of this Dr. who does the accupuncture. I don't know if this is new age or not - I know this practice has been around a long time - but I don't think God would have someone of another faith heal your son.

I hope you don't think I'm judging you or that I think this Dr is bad - but it sounded like you wanted opinions and so I just try to offer Christian advice.

When my daughter was first out of the hospital and with us that summer, we took her to a (OH SHOOT - I can't think of the name)!! Anyway, he was a certain kind of Dr and he tried to heal my daughter by taking her back thru the birthing process to reverse what happened. He was recommended to us by my brother who is a massage therapist. I didn't understand about new age then and wasn't very mature in my faith, as far as knowing the scriptures very well yet. I just thought the whole thing was weird at the time - and it didn't change anything - but now I look back and wish we had not done it. But when your child is sick - our first reaction is to do anything. I will be praying for you both.

I know what you mean about the "Blogging addiction". I think the same thing myself. I spend WAY too much time on here.

I was really disappointed yesterday when all that stuff happened on Stephen's blog and then I went to visit others and read the derogatory comments about him. It really hurt to think they were not sincere in friendships. It's like they wait for any chance to jump on him and criticize. I guess that's the humanness in us all. Another evidence of why we need Christ.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Jaded said...

Thanks for you kind words.

And I need a blogging intervention too. Can't help myself!!

Please keep us posted about your son's treatment. I will definitely keep you both in my prayers.

I love Virginia, by the way. I went to college in Winchester, and also lived in Alexandria for a while. I miss it!!